At this point in the semester, all college students are looking forward to Thanksgiving break. It is the perfect reprieve from a stressful semester before finals season. But, if you just can’t wait for Thanksgiving any longer, throw a dorm room Friendsgiving. These easy residence hall friendly recipes are perfect for getting you into the holiday spirit.
5 Minute Million Dollar Dip
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Add the green onions, cheese, mayonnaise, bacon and almonds into a small bowl. Mix until combined and let chill for two hours.
- Serve with your favorite type of crackers.
Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
- 1 package (1.5 oz.) Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together until combined.
- Let chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers or cookies.
Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
- Oreo cookies
- Candy Corn
- Candy googly eyes (can substitute with frosting)
- Pumpkin spice morsels (can substitute with frosting)
- Black or Brown cookie icing
- Take 4-5 pieces of candy corn and carefully push into the icing between the Oreo cookies.
- Use the black or brown icing to place the beak and eyes on the Oreo.