Mercer’s Student Government Association (SGA) released results for their annual senatorial elections earlier this evening.
Positions were open for five freshmen, three juniors and one senior to join the SGA senate. Voting was open for all freshman, junior and senior students at Mercer from Sept. 8 at 9 a.m. to Sept. 9 at 5 p.m.
The nine students elected into positions on Freshman, Junior and Senior Senate for the 2021-2022 school year are as follows.
- Rafael Garcia-Chirino – Freshman Class President – 243 votes
- Dirk Kotze – 170 votes
- Michael Roberts – 143 votes
- Dalton Lloyd – 116 votes
- Audrey Stratton – 106 votes
- Themba Nsubuga – 126 votes
- Michael Bowman – 82 votes
- Bridgette Jones – 82 votes
- Sheridan King – 102 votes
SGA consists of an executive board, five standing committees and 25 senators. Elections were held for SGA’s current Executive Board last spring.
Senate meetings are open to the entire student body and will be held Mondays at 6 p.m. in CSC II this semester.